JOB TITLE: Whalley Pastoral Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Rev. Sally Ratcliffe/Management Team
Whalley Methodist Church are seeking to appoint a pastoral worker to intentionally support and encourage older people in the church in terms of their spiritual health and wellbeing, with a particular focus on those who are vulnerable.
The worker will:
- have a keen interest in the spirituality of aging and be willing to attend training to deepen and develop their understanding;
- be proactive and self-motivated;
- have the ability to relate to a wide spectrum of people;
- be active in the life of the church and attentive to their own spiritual needs;
- be willing to attend the weekly Elevenses group for two hours on a Monday morning;
- be able to work as part of the Pastoral Team.
An enhanced DBS is required.
There is clearly a genuine occupational requirement that the worker is a practising Christian.
This post is for six hours per week (to include attendance at the weekly Whalley Elevenses session between 11am and 12.15pm every Monday).
The salary is £8.50 per hour. The post is a two year Fixed Term Contract.
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2018
Interviews on Friday 9th February 2018
Those interested should contact the circuit office, via email, requesting a job description. Those wishing to apply should do so in writing, demonstrating their suitability for the role, include a CV and the names and contact details of two people who can provide a reference.